14 June 2010

Another Book Review


The Mark
By: MR Bunderson

Book Back
She's had it forever. A tiny mark on her hand. No big deal, right? But when Tori discovers that her ordinary freckle is really some kind of microscopic tattoo, she doesn't know what to think, especially after meeting Eric, a guy she feels strangely connected to--and not just because he has a mark too.
All too soon, Tori and Eric realize that their marks are only the first clue to a mystery that will change everything. And with each new discovery, Tori finds herself pulled deeper and deeper into a world she could never have imagined.

I met the author of this book at LDS Storywriters conference back in April. Her and her husband sat next to me at dinner. I had picked up her book in the store, looked at it, and put it back down, making a mental note to come back again. After meeting her, I figured I would be supportive and go buy it.

I wasn’t disappointed. The story was simple, but fun to read. If you hate that “I’ll die without him” attitude that Belle has in the Twilight series, you might not love the main character. She tries to be strong, but the connection between her and Eric is just too, well, too something, and she has a hard time living without him. Ugh.

This is the first book I've read in a while that I didn't want to put down. I liked the characters (despite the Belle complex) and I found the plot pretty interesting. The very end was a bit of a letdown, mostly because it’s an obvious set up for another book. Teenage girls will probably love this story. It’s clean, by the way, so no worries about the young girls picking it up.

No comments: