03 July 2010

The Last Airbender


This evening I drug five of my unsuspecting friends to see this movie. Yes, I do have five friends. Or did, before I put them through 2 hours of mind numbing bad acting, over-the-top music and cheesy dialog. Here is what they had to say.

“The only thing this movie bends is crap.” -D-

“The only thing this movie bent was my self-esteem.” -A-

“ . . . I wanted to like it . . .” -K-

“This movie had the same problem as Harry Potter.” -PD- She was referring to too much going on and not nearly enough quirkiness.

“The Last Airbender, bending my heart to the last (air quotes) I loved it!” -Tim- He hasn't seen the cartoon.

“This movie fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.” -A-

There was also a general murmuring about the promotion of tattoos on youth and some other stuff that I've forgotten.

My quote? It wasn't as bad as Clash of the Titans. Now I want to watch the cartoons again. Er, I mean, I don't watch cartoons! Much.

4 comments:

Lace and Books said...

ROFLMAO

SO I knew this one was going to be bad when I saw a 10ish year old "movie critic" trash it on national television. Sorry I should have warned you. He said that Despicable Me was the best film so far this year *shrug* for what it's worth.

-Jo- said...

I've heard that Despicable Me is good. Alas, maybe next time.

Stacey said...

So do you think they'll just scrap the next two movies?

-Jo- said...

I hope not! They would be really cool if they were done right. It was kind of like watching a George Lucas film (bless his heart). The story was okay, but everything else sucked.