09 July 2010

Too Old

Have you ever been on a sports team? When I was in High School I was on the swim team. I remember the first week of practice was the worst. In order to weed out the faint at heart our coach would always try to kill us that first week. *Jog to the pool, then do a 2 hour work-out in the pool (which usually was “great fun”), get back to the school and then go home. Ah, the memories.

This week I've done a really good work-out every day . . . and now I'm so sore I can hardly hobble around my apartment. I cringe at the thought of going out because then I'll have to not only go down the 15 stairs to get to my car, but come back up them again later. Maybe I can sleep downstairs with the neighbors. Grumble, grumble, whine, whine. (I hope neither my swim team coach or Sensei is reading this—I'd be in big trouble for whining.)

I guess this means no more weeks off for me. Too much physical pain involved. Good thing I don't have any ninja appointments today.

*Note: I didn't jog then and I don't jog now. I always get in trouble for that.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I haven't gotten back into my exercise routine since Youth Camp (Girl's Camp with boys). That makes me scared for when I do.