07 August 2010

Num-nums?

Eating is a very important, especially on vacation. You can never tell what you're going to get. We've been to six different places here in Cedar City to eat, so I thought I would give you the low-down on each of them.

Wendy's (right off the freeway)
Okay, so we were desperate and hungry and couldn't check-in to our hotel right away, so we went to the Wendy's. They were slow. So slow I almost had to complain out loud about it. The food was fine. The other patrons were a little dim, but then again, I'd just finished a 4 hour car drive . . .

Sweet Basil Thai
My sister recommended this place, and it did not disappoint. It's cute, small, the service was friendly and the food was good. Most prominent was the curry (all kinds) but there was also some teriyaki. They were quick, prices were reasonable and I left very happy.

Garden House of Cedar City
This place was so cute! It's in a little house along one of the roads just a few blocks down from the festival (and less than 2 blocks from our hotel). They had a couple of big groups there for lunch, so service was a little slow, but they were friendly and my food was great. Prices were a little high, but not unreasonable. All in all, I was happy with this one as well.

Rusty's Ranch House
We go here every year. They've got tacky, antler lights and an excessive amount of animal heads on the walls, but the service is always friendly and the food is great. I had ribs and ended up with some on my face. If that's not a compliment to the cook I don't know what is. It gets crowded, so we made reservations. There was no waiting when we got there and they had us out in plenty of time for our evening play.

Bard's Food and Drink Establishment/Oddfellow's Pub
Skip it.
Perhaps if you visit the pub first and then go to the restaurant things would seem better. They were slow, prices were high, the food was mediocre (at best), the salad bar was unimpressive and my fish and chips was, well, I've had worse, but I didn't finish it. Perhaps we should have noted the lack of cars in the parking lot.

Maggie Moo's Ice Cream Something or other
After the trauma of Bard's, I decided I needed ice cream. It reminded me of a Cold Stone, and I was very happy with my S'mores Chocolate yummy-ness.

The Pizza Factory
I haven't been to a Pizza Factory in years. My memories of them are good, and this one lived up to my imagination. Pizza was great, the twisty bread sticks were delicious, the service was friendly, the prices were reasonable and we had a great time. We met some friends and their two kids there and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Too bad we'll have to go back to cooking tomorrow.

No comments: