06 January 2011

My Poor Kemp Class


I got a little carried away. You see we do this ridiculous, er, I mean really good for you, exercise that Sensei refers to as “The Gunboat”. And because I love it so much, I will describe it for you. As a matter of fact, you should follow along.

Sit on the ground—legs straight out in front of you. Put both arms straight out in front of you as well, parallel to your legs. Now very gently lean back until your legs are 45 degrees off the floor. That means your back should be 45 degrees off the floor and you are perfectly balanced on your tail bone. Yes, I'm serious. You can bring your hands closer to your legs if you need to for balances sake. Have you fallen over yet? I do it all the time. Alas, my gun boat sinks almost every class.

Okay, so you're in your boat, and it's still afloat. Good. No, wait! Bad guys off the port bow! Turn your arms so they come out from behind your legs (sneak attack, of course . . . duh, ninjas) and point 45 degrees. Now you have to fire said guns. This is where I may have, uh, gone too far.

You see that shirt at the beginning of the post? I have one of those. You're all shocked, I can see it in your eyes. Close your mouths, we're moving on. So I have one of those shirts, and the other day when Sensei said we had to fire, I said, “Pew Pew!” Now everyone has to do it. Oops. :)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I LOVE that shirt! Where did you get it? And you would be the one to start that in class.

Cindy said...

That's very funny. I also love the shirt. :)

-Jo- said...

I got the shirt at the Star Wars Convention, but they sell them on-line. It's one of my favorites!