03 April 2011

Bi-Polar Weather, Slow but Finally Got There and Holy Cow My Arm Hurts

I've always heard that if you don't like the weather in Utah, just wait five minutes. Well, I heard a better one today. If you don't like the weather in Utah (especially in the Spring) either wait ten minutes or drive five miles. Friday was beautiful. Saturday wasn't quite as beautiful, but it was pretty warm. This morning we woke up to 3” of snow. My friend 50 miles south got 6” or more. Snow. Someone didn't get Mother Nature her ration of chocolate, apparently.

Back in January I posted that I got a new digital camera. Uh, yeah, well, the poor thing has been sitting in the box since then. Still wrapped and still in the bag I bought it in. Today I finally freed it from it's package prison, charged it and took a couple of pictures. Now that I think about it I should have taken it on our walk and used it. Hindsight. Always. Anyway, I thought I should get it out before the cruise to Alaska in June. Which is closer than you might think. Not Alaska, June.

And yes, my arm hurts. Along with every muscle in my butt and thighs. Sensei learned some new Jui Jitsu warm up moves, and guess who got to try them out for the fist time? Yup, sparring class yesterday. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome moves, but a little different than we usually do. That accounts for my butt and thighs. My bicep hurts because we did like a million jabs with lefty. I actually came home and did about 100 with righty just so I wouldn't be so imbalanced today. Not sure that was bright.

Novel Update: Still writing. On the downhill slope now! I'll post when I get to the end . . . again.

No comments: