30 September 2012

The Bourne Legacy



The events in this movie takes place around the same time that the events in The Bourne Ultimatum. When a British reporter was writing an expose about Black Ops operations Treadstone and Black Briar, and the ones responsible for them are concerned. And when Jason Bourne, former Treadstone operative got the file on Treadstone and Black Briar and gave it to Pamela Landy who them passed it to the media. When the men behind Treadstone and Black Briar learn of this, they're concerned how this will affects other ops they have. They decide it's best to shut down all ops and make sure make everyone involved disappears. They try to take out Aaron Cross who is part of another op called Outcome, but he manages to survive. He then seeks out Dr. Marta Shearing who worked on him when he began. It seems part of the program is for all subjects to take medications but he has run out, which is why he seeks her. (Borrowed from IMDB)

Why did I see this movie again?

Because I saw so many commercials for it during the Olympics, and I think that Jeremy Renner is hot.

5 out of 5

Characters

The casting for all of these Bourne movies has been great. All of the bad guys are like slime you want to flick off the bottom of your shoe, and the good guys all have their reasons for trying to stay one step ahead of whatever is after them. Rachel Weisz was great as the doctor, and I found both her story and Aaron Cross' compelling.

4 out of 5

Did I care what happened?

Yes. I was very concerned that they were going to hurt Hawkey. Just kidding. I liked the reason they gave Aaron Cross for going after the doctor, but thought it could have been a little deeper instead of so broad. The storytellers wanted to link this in with the other Bourne movies, and I felt maybe did a little too much in that direction and not enough in keeping things personal to the characters. Still, I totally cared, I just wanted to care in a different direction.

4 out of 5

Plot Holes

I honestly didn't notice any, but they could have been there. I'm sure if I watched the first three and then this one I could pick a few places apart, but that's not why I went to see the movie.

4 out of 5

How many times did I yawn?

The beginning was a little slow, and as usual, things weren't explained very well. So that made me a bit cranky, but once the action got started it kept me pretty interested.

3 out of 5

Cool Factor

Uh, action? Chase scenes that did not go on for fifteen minutes. Good tension. I liked it.

4 out of 5

The End

The end was a bit strange. You remember all of those commercials during the Olympics? “We've never seen test results like this” or whatever. Well, that comment is not referring to our hero in this movie. And they toss in one last obstacle that I thought was kind of lame. If the goal was to kill all of the agents, then why leave this very last one around? I didn't like it—it felt like a write-out.

3 out of 5

Overall Enjoyment

I came for action and suspense. I got it.

4 out of 5

Score= 31

That's a Brown Belt!

1 comment:

AVDutson said...

That's definitely one I want to see, but since I have to take the whole clan, it'll probably wait till Redbox.