18 February 2013

Hey all,
Remember Melissa Lemon, author of Snow Whyte?
Well, she's back again, releasing her first romance novel, Blue Sky.
Let's see what she has to say today, shall we?





If you could eat anything for breakfast, what would it be?

Well, if it didn’t affect my kidneys, I’d have a biscuit with eggs, bacon & cheese.


Do you prefer leather or cloth seats in cars? Why?

I prefer cloth. Leather is too cold in the winter and sticky in the summer.


If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would love to see some of the castles in Germany.


What is the most interesting job you've ever had?

I used to work for Kaibab Industries inspecting mats for picture frames. We used razor blades to get out small “imperfections” or slivers. They had a basketball court in the warehouse so break time was awesome.


Tell us about a strange writing habit that you have.

I’ll write a whole sentence or more and decide that it’s pretty crappy. Instead of highlighting it all and deleting it at once, I hold the backspace key down forever. Then I decide it wasn’t that bad and type it again.


What is your favorite quote/saying about writing? What does it mean to you?

I don’t have a favorite, but I love to read through the goodreads writing quotes pages. http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/writing?page=1


What scene of this novel proved to be the most difficult for you to write?

The scene where Lewis pretty much tells Sunny he never wants to see her again.


What scene turned out exactly as you imagined it?

The scene where Sunny and Lewis first see each other and Sunny fights for her life as Lewis chases her up the stairs.


What aspect of your life has most influenced your writing?

Human relationships.


Why should people read your book? What does it have to offer them?
(Besides the simple fact that it is awesome?)

People should read Blue Sky because it is different. I’m not a huge fan of the romance genre because I haven’t found a lot of variety and I don’t appreciate reading the same story over and over again. Blue Sky is a unique love story and also has fabulously real and quirky characters. I hope that if you read any of my books you will find someone to fall in love with.


If you could write a spin-off novel about a side character, who would you choose?

Jack. He’s one of my favorite characters ever, and I know he has a story to tell also. He needs to find a good, strong woman. I’m working on that for him. :)


Tell us why you love this story.

I love this story because it is the first novel I ever wrote. I spent years revising it and holding onto it, not willing to give up on it as is sometimes necessary with first novels.

Thanks Melissa!
You can purchase Blue Sky from Amazon.  
Check it out, everyone.  I'm not a huge romance novel fan, but Iiked this one!

No comments: